Applications for the 2017-2018 year is now closed. Applications for the 2018-2019 year will open in August 2017. There will 20 positions available for health professionals interested in the 12-month fellowship (starting July 2018) in one of our African partner countries (Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Cameroon).
The Afya Bora Fellowship will provide trainees with a set of practical skills that will prepare them for leadership positions in government, non-government, and academic health institutions in developing countries.
The 12 month training program has 2 components:
- A eight-week core curriculum, plus four distance learning modules
- Two 4.5 month assignments to sites, such as Ministries of Health, NGOs, etc. in partner African countries.
In order to be eligible to apply all applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Botswana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda or the US
- Meet ONE of the following education requirements
- Medical applicants need to have a M.D. or MBChB with a MMed or Masters degree in related field.
- Nursing applicants need to have a Masters degree in nursing, public health or a related field (PhD preferred), or substantial work experience.
- Other public health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have a Doctoral degree in public health or a related field.